July 12, 2007

Transformers: The Review

Wow. Transformers must be the most expensive movie ever made. It has mind-bogging special effects (that's right, I said mind bogging), scrumtrulescent action sequences, and giant transforming robots! Seriously, they must have spent at least $42 million on random props to blow up! But really, this is the movie to see this summer. Transformers has it all. Plus, it was cool how they modernized the series instead of keeping it stuck in the neon-shirted 80s. I just wish they would make a TV series this cool! The robots are totally kick ass!

Just because Transformers has breakneck action sequences (seriously, your neck will spontaneously snap while you watch the movie) that doesn't mean there's no room for character development. I never thought I could care so much about a robot. There's this one scene with Bumblebee where... ok, I'm not going to spoil it if you haven't it yet, but let's just say that it moved me to tears. I found myself bawling and screaming "WHY!?". They I realized Bumblebee was just a robot and I slapped myself in the face. Ok, so maybe none of that really happened, but you really do start to get attached to the little guy. I just wish the main character wasn't named Whitwicky...

Overall, this movie rocked! The special effects were incredible, the action intense, and the sex scene... don't even get me started! That was some hot bot-on-bot action. Sorry. I'm done fooling around. Seriously. I mean it this time. Oh, and Optimus dies at the end. Oops...probably shouldn't have spoiled that for you.* Oh, well!

Transformers is the movie to see this summer and if you haven't already, go see it right away! You can thank me later. Oh, and here's a little known fact for you: Peter Cullen, the original voice of Optimus on the 80s cartoon show, voiced Optimus in the movie. Just a little nugget to get your brain going there... because you're IQ probably just dropped about 20 points from reading this...

*Nah, I'm just messing with you again! You really think I would spoil the ending? Everyone knows the Autobots always win in the end. Or do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment